Sunday, March 17, 2013

1880s Day Bodice

Good Morning :)

So here it finally, finally is- the 1880s Day Bodice Post.
I won't say a lot about it, just a few information:

The pattern was adapted from a scaled pattern of "Fashions of the Gilded Age", with quite a few alterations.
Fashion fabric is again my super soft wool flannel and the black polyesterfabric for trimming.
The bodice is interlined with offwhite cotton twill, except for the sleeves. There the upper part is interfaced with cotton woven fusible interfacing for a bit more stand.
Below the waist I added a black polyester lining to give a nice finish around the back pleats. Also the front and neck edges are faced with the fashion fabric.
I also did a lot of handsewing here: stitching down the facings, bottom lining & sleeve hem facing. Stitching down the seamallowance at the bottom edge to keep the lining laying nice on the inside. Stiching on the pleated trim, covering the buttons, stitching all 11 buttonholes and fixing the boning on the seams.
The top front closes with a hook and eye, as a button didn't work with the trim.

Okay, enough words, here are the pictures. Tell me what you think :)




And to add some eyecandy here are pics of the full dress:


Right now I'm working on the new hat, which only needs decoration/trimming and a lining as well as some clips to fix it on my head.

Thanks for watching. See you soon.