Saturday, April 6, 2013

I never talked about this to you...

So pssssst,

this post is about my new unmentionables.
Two chemises to go under lower cut dresses.

White

Black

For both chemises I changed my former pattern to the measurements provided by this pattern from this page. This meant taking away about 20cm of width all around. A lot less fabric to bunch under the corset *yay*

This time I also fixed the gathers in front and back, so that the neckline is staying where it belongs.
Now this chemises are really fitting for quite low cut dresses, lower than I had planned and the measurements should be ^^ But as long as everything important is covered it's fine with me ;)
On the dress form it looks more revealing as it is on me. Catherine Howard just doesn't have any bust to fill in. There still is a little drawstring attached on the inside of the front to adjust it a bit if needed. Also I probably will shorten the straps at the shoulders a bit on the pattern, as they tend to slip from my shoulders when corseted.
The neckline is bound in matching bias tape with some lace trim on top.
Both trims have been in my stock for a few years now and as the white cotton is rather an ivory white it matched the ivory lace perfectly, which was just enough to go around the neckline and hem (here I even had to stretch it a bit ^^). So here I made the sleeve hem with a scalloped stitch in shiny ivory thread and cut of the excess.
Of the black-magenta lace I had enough and I still have some left, which might just be enough to trim some matching drawers some day. This chemise has also the five tucks the white has, even though it's not really to see on the picture.

Ok, that's it and remember, I've never been here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment