Monday, June 18, 2012

Trimming help...

Hello again!

Well, that was fast, wasn't it?
This afternoon I stitched up the pieces for the overskirt and finished it except fot the trimming, which is giving me a lot to think about.
But first I wanna show you what the skirt is looking like right now:


I'm quite happy with the drapings, they're falling very nicely. Adding a layer of net to the upper part of the backpiece was a good idea. Even without wearing a bustle or pad underneath, it is giving a nice shape in the back.
Yet I might add a small pad to a) add a it more volume and b) as the fantailskirt it still a tad too long and a pad will probably lift the hem just right. I'm not sure what the pad will be made like, it'll be either like a small bumroll- a stuffed crescent shape- or a few layers of ruffled tulle.

However what the overskirt needs now, is some nice trimming, but I can't decide on it. What I have in stock are satin ribbon 1" wide single face and double face in black, a few braid trims and velvet ribbon. Otherwise I've got some of the black cotton left that I lined the overkirt with to cut a trim of.
I also have (I think) 2 Cluny style laces here that might work, but I'm not sure I've got enough meters of them.
Additionally it'd be nice to be able to repeat the trim on the future bodice (probably around the neckline and sleeve hems).
So I'm really at a loss here. The stuff I have here would most likely end up in something pleated, like a knife- or boxpleated satin ribbon with a braided trim or the velvet ribbon on top or so, put on the edge of apron and backbustle. Or a pleated flounce put on the bottom of both. The trim can't be wider than 2", so it won't look weird where the sides of the backbustle meet the waistband.
Or should I get some completely different lace (e.g. something embroidered or a Raschel lace) to put on the bottom??
Ah, I don't know. I really need help here. I've already browsed the internet and all the pictures I have saved on my HD for inspiration, bur nothing really caught my eye.
Help please!

Thanks for reading, see you soon :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Wunder-wunderschön sieht das aus. Spitze würd ich für die Auszier nicht nehmen, lieber ein paar Faltenverzierungen in grau oder schwarz - das sieht glaub ich edler dazu aus. Oder vielleicht eine aus dem Stoff gelegte Zackenborte (weißt du was ich mein?). Ich bin schon gespannt auf die Taille dazu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen lieben Dank :)

      Hmm... keine Spitze? Wofür hab ich dann heute soviel Geld ausgegeben? *lol*
      Aber ich glaub, du hast Recht mit was Faltigem... das würde auch zum Fantailrock passen. Ich hab heute auf dem Markt zum Glück einen Stoff gefunden, der dem Schwarzen vom Unterrock sehr nahe kommt, die Struktur ist gleich, nur die Farbtemperatur weicht ein Müüü ab. Das sollte aber nicht wirklich auffallen.
      Bei der Zackenborte bin ich nicht sicher, ob ich das richtige Bild im Kopf habe, vll. magst du mir mal ein Bild schicken oder eine etwas genauere Beschreibung ;)
      Spontan musste ich an die Froschmaulborte denken...
      Ich hoffe, ich bekomm die Taille jetzt endlich mal so zum Sitzen, wie sie soll ^^.

      Btw. es war sehr schön, dich heute am Bortenstand zu treffen :D

      Delete