Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blue linen dress

Hi @ all!

Again it took me so long to post here... I know, I know, I always promise to post more often, but somehow I never find the time to actually do it.

Anyway, today I want to show you the result of my little excourse into medieval inspired clothing.
The girlfriend of a friend asked me to make her a dress to wear at a medieval music festival in September. Though she didn't want a historical accurate dress, but something still appropriate to not feel out of place.

So we agreed on a design and I went to work. This is the final result:
A sweet atlanticblue linen dress with a long hood and a pointed hem, both trimmed with dark cream colored embroidered lacetrim. The front is closed with lacing in a matching color and handstitched eyelets.



We actually had planned on making machine eyelets, but just before I got to do the eyelets on the dress my machine kind of quit on me... It still sews, but it mashes up the decor stitches... something with the feed seems to be out of order, also there's a shuffling sound when sewing. Probably something inside shifted when it hit a bad spot on a corset recently... However the eyelets would have looked like curls, so we had the choice between handmade eyelets or metal ones. She decided on the handstitched ones, which I myself think was the right decision as they match the overall design the best.

My machine will go into repair soon, as I only got it in March/April there's warranty on it still. Good thing, that I still have my other two machines here ^^.

Speaking of corsetry, there will be another post within the next days. I haven't been lazy lately, but worked on three corsets in the last two weeks or so (time flies by too fast, I can't keep track). You can watch the progess in the list on the right as always.

Okay that's it for today, thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment