Monday, June 13, 2011

WGT 2011 - the N&S CT

Good afternoon my dears,

so Saturday was the "big day" for wearing my grey Natural Form outfit to the Natron & Soda community meeting at the 20th Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig. I had been really looking forward to it, as I wasn't able to go last year (because of the exam). I was really excited to finally meet some users in real life and see some of them again (e.g. the local users and Kleine Frau). Of course I was also very excited to see all the great and gorgeous outfits everyone made (and also those of many other festival visitors).

Friday night I quickly added a green ribbon to my carpet bag as this is a distinctive feature to recognize community users. I have one on my other bag, but I didn't want to rip it off there, so a new, better one it had to be.
Photobucket

You see my username is quite complicated to write (but people also recognize it this way... "Oh right, the one I can't spell..." *lol*) and even more to speak (well actually it's simply spoken "Keelin"), so you get why it shrank down to just "Cao" over the years. ;)

However Saturday morning I got up at 6 a.m. (I ordered waking service ala Mommy^^), put on the chemise and did my hair first. I didn't know how long it would really take me, so I thought doing it at first would be the best, as I can easily rush with the breakfast or take it to the train ;). But it went well and after a good 30 minutes the hair was done. After breakfast and getting on the rest of the outfit (surpringly the hat kept fixed on the first try *yay*) I was off to the train around 8:15a.m. The few people I met on my 6 minutes footwalk to the trainstation stared at me a bit bewildered. Most looked curious or even in awe but some looked just "WTF??" Ah well, not that I had expected any differently.
The trainride itself was rather uneventful, got a few looks, but nothing more.

In Leipzig I met with my parents then and we took the chance to get a pic of me with this old steam engine.
Photobucket
I tried to get a better view of my outfit for you, I have to wait for other pictures to pop up and the ones my parents took and hopefully get some with a better quality. If anyone finds a better pic, please tell me :).
Photobucket
We had just left the railway area when the first guy already asked to take a pic of me... that was quick. ^^
So as the CT was only in the afternoon, we walked a bit through the city. I also accidentally came across Natron & Soda themselves sitting in a coffee shop (?) having a relaxed morning. What an honour to finally meet them in person. They btw recognized me by the green ribbon (yes, it really works);D.

So we strolled through the streets, admiring the people, taking pictures and getting photographed in return. I already lost count then.
Unfortunately not all pictures endep up clear enough, so here are the ones that got good.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
I caught a N&S member (Antoinette Nightmare) without knowing ;)

As there still was some time until the CT, I decided that I'd give it a try and go to a museum where a lecture /special tour was offered on historical fashion and stuff. Snowlady and her friends had the same idea, so we met up there.

Photobucket
I really love her outfit.
So we made tour through the general exhibition (I even got a ticket for free, although I had no festival bracelet *wohoo*), but we didn't get onto the special tour. There were soooooo many people and they could only take 50 at one time. They offered to make a second tour about 1.5 hours later, but that would have been too late for us. While waiting for the tour I took some more nice outfit pictures.
Photobucket Photobucket

So we (Snowlady, Blaue Aster and myself) made our way back towards the park where the CT would be. On our way we were again photographed a lot.
When we arrived at the park already a few other users were there. I will just show pictures of the CT without many words, but be sure we all had a lot of fun.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Kleine Frau, me and Annelie von Uebel


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
so gorgeous costumes *.*

Photobucket
I just looooove this dress, so awesome ♥ (this is the lovely Mywiel, like just stepped out of a Tissot-painting)
Photobucket
one of the best uses of DITTE I have ever seen ;), beautiful

While chatting we spoke about the advantages of hoop skirts... freedom of the legs, always enough space around you and hiding non-matching footwear, which Antoinette Nightmare proved right there and then ;)
Photobucket
cute

And I got a nice picture of the community founders. Thank you for your great work, ladies!
Photobucket
Soda & Natron

Btw. goths are really funny people... far away from moping around depressed... our favourite weapon?
Rainbow bubbles!
Photobucket

Oh and there was a duck hunt
Photobucket

I guess you have seen in a few pictures that there were a lot of photographers around. As the N&S CT is a regular "event" at the WGT by now, they know where to find us ^^ Paparazzi-alarm.
And of course where the paparazzi are, the (internet)-TV isn't far.
A few of us got interviewed.
Photobucket Photobucket
The little girl was soooo cute, she just plopped down in the grass and looked at us. Everytime her mother pulled her up and wanted her to go, she just made a few steps and plopped down again. Adorable. Only the interview guy seemed to scare her.
Here you can see the video (I pop up around 2:20-2:50 for a few seconds)

On my way back to the train station I again got photographed quite a few times...if anyone finds a pic, please tell me.
Also the goth-juniors were interviewed while their mothers laughed their asses off
Photobucket Photobucket

That's all pictures from the WGT and CT, I only need to show you one more... my petticoat after a day in in Leipzig... I have no idea how to get this clean again... any advice?
Photobucket

So if anyone wants a bigger version of pictures or wants their pictures to be taken down, just comment, email or PN me.

Thanks for watching, see you soon..

3 comments:

  1. Hach, wenn man so durch die Fotos schaut will man gleich wieder hin *seufz*...danke für die Bilder und den Bericht und bis bald in Dresden - vielleicht ja zu nem Kostümtreff? ;)
    LG, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolle Fotos :) Und du sahst auch echt toll aus. Jetzt werd ich dich immer mit diesem Hut verbinden, da ich ihn ja kurz vor dem WGT auf deinem Blog gesehen habe. Und dann sitze ich in Leipzig auf ner Bank und mir fällt nicht ein, auf welchem Blog das war XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloooooooooooooootz
    boah da wär ich gern Mäuschen gewesen.....
    Ja also des mit den Stempeln - da frag ich mich durch und geb Dir noch Bescheid
    und das mit den Knöpfen, das mach ich schon seit Kindertagen...ich bin ganz scharf auf Perlmutknöpfe
    ich werd mal einen riesigen Rahmen mit Perlmutknopfrand haben *freu*
    guck das sind die restlichen Knöpfchen:
    http://saphiraswelt.blogspot.com/2010/10/nur-noch-2-mal-schlafen.html

    ReplyDelete