Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm alive and working

Hello my dear readers,

I'm very sorry for not posting here for so long. I hope you didn't worry and if you paid a litte attention to the sideboard's work in progress list, you could see an update evey now and then.

So in the meantime I did a little progress with the grey wool corset. I pushed in all the bones and also started on the flossing.
First I made a little sampler with different flossing designs. a) to try out how the embroidery floss would go through the coutil and b) to decide which design would match the whole corsetry design best.

I then decided for the last one, as the narrow threads matched the embroidery best.
So I got started with the inner ends of the bones at the hip gore and then went on with the lower edge flossing. The upper edge will come next as soon as I find time again.

In the meantime I have been working on the pants for my Mom's uncle. No.1 is already shipped and according to the uncle it fits like a glove *yay* He said he didn't get them off after trying them on until bedtime *lol*
No.2 I finished last Sunday after cutting it and No.3 on Saturday evening. No.3 is in progress. The sideseams are done and I hope to finish up next week.
This weekend my parents will visit, so I won't be able to do anything till Tuesday.
But instead I will hopefully get a new desk with more working space under my bed. *wohoo*

Okay, so far with this little update.
Thanks for your patience, I hope to update more often again...
Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment