Hey my friends!
Sorry, it took me so long, but I didn't make such a great progress over the last couple of weeks and I haven't been in blogging mood, as I had to ramble every night about my current intern in the shop and her weird mind...
Anyway I'm back now and I brought a few pictures as well.
In my last post I mentioned that I had started to handbaste the layers of the grey wool corset together. This task then filled my free time for almost a week. Not because I'm so slow, but because I didn't find so much time in the mornings to do it.
After that was done I went back to the pink-black underbust corset and pinned the boning channels on. Pushing the pins through the satin coutil channel, the crepe satin and another layer coutil is not nice for your fingers, let me tell you ^^. But I guess that's my own fault, as I'm using the steel pins without glass head.
When I then started sewing the channels on it turned out more difficult that I had thought. Finding a presser foot where I could manage to get the distance to the channel edge right and regular took alot of trying and unpicking. And even with the right foot and a guide bar it is not as easy as it always looks to get a straight, clean stitchingline. Especially on curvy seams.
So after a felt 1000 meters of unpicked seams I finally got done with the external channels yesterday and attached the lining. Today I pressed those last joining seams and stitched the remaining boning channels at the CF and CB.
So I switched to the grey thread and started sewing the inner lines for the bone casings on the wool corset. Turns out here my adjustable zipper foot workes quite well with the distance. On the coutil channels it always slipped off, that stupid thing *lol*
Okay that's it for this time
Have a great new week