It's me again with a little update on the progress of my test model.
So as the title already promises I'm almost done *wohoo*Today after work I handhemmed the skirt, so now all I have to do is the buttonholes and buttons on the jacket.But let's got back to where I stopped last time...
As I mentioned I had finished the skirt except for the hem, with the new ruffles attached it looked already really nice
Then I continued with the jacket- took care of those wrinkles in the back, set the waist 1cm lower at the side seam and attached the new sleeves. They're still a little tight around the upper arm, but much better than the other ones. I guess in jackets this tight you can't get wide sleeves without using puffed sleeves^^
The shoulder pads are pinned in place also
Next thing to do was getting the welt pockets in, I haven't done them since I'm out of fashion school, so I guess I need to practise them again a bit ;)
One got quite alright, the other a bit less, but I can wear the jacket still (not that anyone will come this close to look at them *g*)
The next pictures show the jacket after quite a few more steps:
- the shoulderpads are sewn in place, before some wool padding for the top shaping was added
- the collar was assembled and sewn into the neckline
- the cuffs were sewn on and turned- the lining and facings were attached
- everything was thoroughly pressed
Things done after the "shooting":
- the lining was losely fixed around the sleeves/armhole
- the sleeve lining was fixed near the hem, to prevent showing
- the hem facings were fixed to the body at the seam allowance
- the last opening of the lining was handsewn closed
- the skirt hem was hand sewn
Things to be done:
- 5 tailored (handsewn) buttonholes
- 5 buttons (which I need to find still^^)
So yeah, I'm good in my time plan, leaving me enough time for the remaining preparations and excercises, without getting too stressed.
Thanks for reading, have a nice weekend